Atlanta Tax Evasion Attorney
Fighting Tax Evasion Charges in Georgia
Tax evasion is a crime involving the intentional avoidance of paying taxes due to the state. It is a federal crime and a felony offense, and it is prosecuted aggressively by the government. Contact an Atlanta criminal defense attorney immediately if you have been charged with tax evasion. At The Abt Law Firm, we have handled numerous tax evasion cases, and we have the experience and resources to help you fight these charges.
Facing tax evasion charges in Georgia? Call The Abt Law Firm today at (678) 582-2272 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our tax evasion lawyer in Atlanta!
What Is Tax Evasion?
Tax evasion occurs when a person or business intentionally tries to avoid paying taxes legally owed to the government. This crime can be committed in various ways, and the government will prosecute it harshly.
Tax evasion can include:
- Not reporting income
- Not paying taxes
- Filing false tax returns
- Claiming fraudulent deductions
- Not paying employment taxes
What are the Penalties for Tax Evasion?
The penalties for tax evasion can be severe. If you are convicted of tax evasion, you can face hefty fines, restitution, and imprisonment. The penalties can be even harsher if you have been convicted of tax evasion. If you have been charged with tax evasion, contact a tax evasion attorney as soon as possible. We can help you fight these charges and protect your rights.
Some of the penalties that you can face include:
- Fines. A person convicted of tax evasion can be fined up to $100,000. The fines can increase depending on the circumstances of the case.
- Restitution. A person convicted of tax evasion can be ordered to pay restitution to the IRS. This can include the taxes owed, along with interest and penalties.
- Imprisonment. A person convicted of tax evasion can be sentenced to up to five years in prison. The length of the sentence will depend on the circumstances of the case.
Contact Our Atlanta Tax Evasion Lawyer Today
If you have been charged with tax evasion, contact a tax evasion attorney in Atlanta as soon as possible. At The Abt Law Firm, we have handled numerous tax evasion cases, and we have the experience and resources to help you fight these charges. We are available 24/7 to take your call, and we offer free case evaluations so that you can learn more about your options.
Contact The Abt Law Firm today to schedule a FREE consultation with our tax evasion attorney in Atlanta!