Atlanta Hijacking Lawyer
Aggressive Defense For Hijacking Charges in Georgia
Hijacking is a serious criminal offense. If you are convicted, you could be facing years or even decades behind bars, as well as other severe penalties. At The Abt Law Firm, LLC, we are well-versed in Georgia laws and can help you understand your legal options. Our Atlanta hijacking lawyers are prepared to fight for you.
Call The Abt Law Firm, LLC, today at (678) 582-2272 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our hijacking attorney in Atlanta.
What is Hijacking?
Hijacking, also known as carjacking, is a serious criminal offense in Georgia. It involves the unlawful act of taking another person's vehicle, often by force or the threat of force. Hijacking can occur in various situations, such as when a car is stolen while the owner is present or when the owner is forced out of the vehicle through intimidation or violence. This crime not only jeopardizes the victim's safety but also carries severe legal consequences for the perpetrator.
What are the Penalties for Hijacking in Georgia?
The penalties for hijacking in Georgia can be severe, and they may include:
- Felony Conviction: Hijacking is typically classified as a felony offense in Georgia. A conviction can result in a significant criminal record that may have long-lasting implications for your future.
- Prison Time: Convicted hijackers can face substantial prison sentences, with the length of incarceration determined by the specifics of the case. The more violent or dangerous the hijacking, the harsher the potential sentence.
- Fines: The court may impose substantial fines on those found guilty of hijacking, in addition to other penalties.
- Probation: Some defendants may be required to serve probation following their release from prison, which can restrict their freedom and require adherence to strict conditions.
- Restitution: Defendants may be ordered to pay restitution to the victims for any damage or losses suffered as a result of the hijacking.
- Criminal Record: A hijacking conviction can have a profound impact on your future prospects. It may limit your employment opportunities, housing options, and even your ability to secure loans or educational opportunities.
Defenses Against Hijacking Charges
Some common defenses against hijacking charges may include:
- Lack of Evidence: We can closely examine the evidence against you and challenge any weaknesses in the prosecution's case. If there are doubts about the evidence, it may lead to a reduction in charges or a dismissal of the case.
- Identification Issues: In cases where identification of the perpetrator is a key factor, we can investigate potential issues with eyewitness testimony and work to discredit unreliable identifications.
- Coercion or Duress: If you were forced or coerced into committing the hijacking under threat to your safety or the safety of a loved one, we may argue that you acted under duress.
- Constitutional Violations: We can ensure that your rights were not violated during the arrest or investigation. Any breach of your constitutional rights can be used as a defense in your case.
- Negotiation and Plea Bargaining: In some cases, we may work with the prosecution to negotiate a plea deal that results in reduced charges or a more lenient sentence.
Contact Our Hijacking Attorney in Atlanta Today
The Abt Law Firm, LLC, is here to provide you with the experienced and dedicated representation you need during this challenging time. Our Atlanta hijacking lawyers will vigorously defend your rights and work tirelessly to build a strong defense strategy on your behalf. We are committed to protecting your rights and ensuring the best possible outcome for your case.
Contact The Abt Law Firm, LLC today to get started with our Atlanta hijacking lawyer.
All Charges Dismissed Bank Manager Allegedly Stole Diamonds & Cash
Not Guilty On All Charges Basketball Coach Charged with Child Molestation
All Charges Dismissed Prior to Trial Client Accused of Murdering His Partner
Not Guilty On All Charges Client Charged with Murder, Kidnapping & Aggravated Assault
All Charges Dropped & Client Proved Innocent Client Charged with Rape of a Family Member